Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Publicis Groupe



Client: Asian Film Festival/ ORANGE
Agency:Publicis Conseil, France

I don't think I've ever seen someone eat popcorn with chopsticks, cool way to tie in the message. Asian=chopsticks, Popcorn=movie. Cool way to remember the asian film festival. The art work is really good, the bigger the image, the more details you can see in the advertisement.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Client: Corrado Mattresses
Agency: Saatchi ITALY

I thought that the ad was for a public service announcement on runaway kids or kidnapping, or something like the AMBER alert system. But, I was totally wrong, so did the parent fall asleep while they were writing this message with the cigarettes? That's the only connection that I can make. The art direction is really cool. Supposedly, they used no computers to compose this, so that is the only cool thing about it. To me, cigarettes are disgusting and I just think that the imagery could be used for a completely different type of ad, and could have have worked. As for this one, it is terrible, cigarettes and mattresses, not a good pair. But, I dunno, maybe in Italy it worked.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Client: You guessed it, McDonald's
Agency: Leo Burnett, New Delhi, India

I remember seeing this for the first time a few months ago, I thought, "What does the mother look like." This looks a little bit creepy, clown child. Everyone knows who Ronald McDonald is so there is no confusing who this child belongs to. Cute way to send the message out that there is a new location. New baby=New location. I see how they thought that would work. Cool idea. I wonder what people in the US would think, they probably would start creating the actual doll. I can just imagine. THe baby looks like there was too much photoshop. They should have paid a mother big dollars to let her child be body painted as the Ronald baby...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Client: Holliday Inn Express
Agency: Fallon Minneapolis

Friends, just stay in at a Holiday Inn Express and you will get smarter somehow. The other one that belongs to this series is a women giving birth, and the baby grabs the scissors and cuts the umbilical cord. She says, we did stay at a Holiday Inn 9 months ago. Honestly the rapping was entertaining for just a brief moment but they don't really show anything great about the hotel. They don't even show the inside of the hotels, or the puffy pillows or the clean sheets you would be sleeping in. But I'll stop complaining, at least it's not the typical cookie cutter ad.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Client: Trojan
Agency; Kaplan Thaler Group

Not everyone is a fan of roller coasters, but what a great way to bring you a message about condoms. I've seen this ad in cosmopolitan, totally fits in that magazine. I wonder if it goes along with a series. I know that the ad is supposed to look sort of like a fantasy, but it just doesn't look realistic, then again, a roller coaster shaped like is not real anyway. Short and simple copy, easy to understand. I like this ad because both men and women understand the idea. Go trojan!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Client: Boost Mobile
Agency: Team One Advertising

I found another ad with the elderly gone wild. I wonder how much they pay the actors in these ads! I can't believe these old people, they just look hilarious. I am not really a Boost Mobile fan but I know that they do go for young people. It's more expensive that other big companies like AT&T and Sprint. The real ad is in very good quality, and the women knows her script, but she was definitely trying too hard. An ad that would entertain a teenager for sure.

No comments: