Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Large Independents

1. Dentsu



Agency: Dentsu Argentina
Client:Banco Itaú - Carteles

Translation:
Signs above the people state something about them.
Pilot-"I used to be afraid of heights."
Guy with the elderly lady-"My granny taught me to walk"
Two guys-"This is my best friend" with the arrow pointing at each other
Pool-"I can swim underwater for 2 1/2 minutes without air"
Lady Helping-"I have 3 brothers"
Teacher-"My mom raised 8 kids"

"When you are proud of something you want everyone to know, that is what we do, we are proud to be your bank"

Critic: It intersting to me that commercials in Spanish have English music. I like the flow of the commercial and the signs are made to have the "homemade" type look, which seems to be the point; that each person made their sign so they could carry around a message they are proud of.


2. Weiden + Kennedy



Agency: Weiden + Kennedy
Client: Lurpak

Critic: This campaign launched this year, the story goes that Lurpak wasn't so hot in the butter isle, so Weiden + Kennedy decided to launch a campaign that sent out the message to 'respect your food', to 'give it the best' attitude. I think this commercial does make the mushrooms mouthwatering (i am a mushroom fan), and it adds anticipation, when you don't actually see the guy at the end put the mushroom in his mouth, kinda leaves you wondering about the taste he is about to indulge on, all because of this Lurpak butter they speak of, definitely not the typical butter add.

3. Bartle Bogle Hergarty



Agency: Neogama/BBH São Paulo
Client: Renault

Need a bigger car? Get a renault. The song says not to suffer, that you need to breathe, you are too tight in your car. The commercial show the car just like any other car ad, but I like the way they make their point; that you need a bigger car. I also liked that they used people of different racial backgrounds, at least thats what it looked like. I guess Brazil is diverse.


4. Richard's Group



Agency: The Richards Group
Client: Hyundai

Critic:
So these Pilobulous people are a Connecticut-based company of choreographers and dancer-athletes. They seem to have done other ads througout

5. Cramer Krasselt



Client: Steve Madden
Agency: Cramer Krasselt

Ever since I was in middle school I have seen these ads in seventeen and cosmo girl. I always thought they looked a big creepy with such the distortion. I don't even understand the style of the ad. Yea, its about the brand and the shoes, but the way they portray the young girl is not necessarily helping the cause for more responsible advertising. I guess all these years C K has been doing these ads. And I still see them around, there are so many kids of these. It's a style that steve madden is known for. I could describe this ad without naming the brand and I'm sure any girl plugged in to fashion could tell who advertises like this. Honeslty, I don't like these ads.


6. Doner





Client: Bellwood Health Services
Agency: Doner Canada, Toronto, Canada

The art direction is done very well. Again, like other images, there is nothing like zooming in to a quality image so that you can appreciate the detail. There is a 3rd one part of the series with a man smoking a rolled up deck of card, it just looked silly.
The all read "Gambling, its just as addictive" I think this is an excellent print ad for Bellwood. Sends it's message to those whose eyes comes across this ad.

No comments: