Thursday, May 1, 2008

Immigration

Immigration a hot topic that many people disagree about. I think that many people who do not have anyone close to them that has come into the United States from another country would not have the same position on the issue to that of a person who does. Some may agree with my opinion while others may think I'm just completely wrong. First I want to mention that I believe it is wrong to come into this country without legalization. I think people should do things lawfully. Second, I want to note that I understand those people who enter this country in an illegatl way. I would stand by the fact that most people want to come to this country to work and make a decent living, either to support their family here or back in their home country. The opportunities that are offered in America are far better than those offered in other countries. To go back to the issue of entering the country, legalization takes about 7 years, most people don't know that. Its easy to say, well why don't they just wait until they get their green card to come into this country, but some people, are in extreme poverty they rather risk their lifes crossing the border illegally. Also, I strongly disagree with the fact that immigrants take jobs away from Americans. Personally I think that is just a bunch of crap. If you look to see who is doing yard work, housekeeping, and other low wage jobs, its mostly Hispanic, and if you don't see that, then I don't know what country you live in. If an American want to go do yard work, or get paid minimum wage, trust me, there is no one stopping them. Immigrants help this country by taking the jobs that Americans don't want. And I believe their are vital to our economy. If only it was easier for them to get a work permit, them we wouldn't have so many illegals.

No comments: