Thursday, February 21, 2008

SmartCar


Heard of Smartcar yet? By far it is the smallest car I have seen around Dallas. A silver and hot pink one was parked on the SMU campus a couple of weeks ago. I remember seeing people stare at it wondering if it was a joke, or perhaps were just really impressed with its size. I went online to look it up and according to their official website the US is the 37th country to sell this model made by Mercedes Car Group. The price range is from $11,590 to $16,590. Smartcar is 8.8 feet in length and a little over 5.5 feet in height. And a gallon will allow you to travel 40/city and 45/highway. Sounds gas efficient doesn't it? I would love to own one. Why? I just like the way it looks. It looks almost like a big little toy car. I think it would actually fit in a "compact car" space. However, in a car collision I don't think there is much to crash, so can you imagine the inside? My dad has always liked big cars for that reason, he says that there is more body to protect the people inside. So, even though its not an expensive car, he wouldn't get it for me. The picture shows a smart car dispenser in Germany, cool building. I wonder how the get the cars out. Maybe there is an elevator they drive on to and descend.

No comments: