Wednesday, February 20, 2008


I love chicken marsala, pasta primavera, and the classic lasagna. Italian food is my favorite, but why do I hesitate going to an italian restaurant? I love chicken fajitas with rice and beans, tamales and flan. Mexican food is my second favorite. But why do I hesitate when going to a mexican restaurant? It is my parents fault. They are the best cooks around! My dad has been a chef for 20 years specializing in the italian cuisine. And my mother, well she's from Mexico, need I say more? Every time I go to a restaurant I am so critical of the food, always comparing to what my parents make back home. I'll think to myself, my dad adds more chicken than this! Or, my mom's rice has more flavor. I love trying new foods and exploring new restraunts around Dallas. But I always take a bit of time before agreeing to go to a Mexican or Italian place. I don't mean to be so critical, but my tastebuds don't lie.

No comments: