Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Obama Rally


It was completely a spur of the moment decision to attend the event today at Reunion Arena. Everyone there was pumped up to see Obama and hear his message for Dallas supporters. I currently have no political stand, sad to say because I am a citizen of this country and I should be more aware of what is going on. I hope that by election time I am well informed and prepared to cast my ballot. Anyway, at the event there was thousands of people lined up outside in the chilly breeze. People of all ages from babies in strollers to senior citizens anticipated their entry to the arena. Once I got inside I scanned the audience and it was a majority of African Americans. It made me think about a comment that I heard the other day on TV. They said that is was perhaps a really difficult time for African American women since they were torn between voting for a women or an African American. I think it is completely ignorant to look at the situation like this. No one should vote for someone based on their race or gender but for the things that they stand. Does this canidate seem to hold your similar values and morals, to me is a more important question. I am very proud to be Hispanic but just because a Hispanic canidate was running that doesn't necissarily mean I would blindly vote on him or her. People have to look at the bigger picture.
Obama talked about uniting our country and I can totally see he shadows Martin Luther King Jr. in the things that he says. Reunion Arena was almost a full house, according to wfaa more than 15,000 attended.

No comments: