Sunday, February 24, 2008

Louis Vuitton Commerical

I found this Louis Vuitton commercial supposingly made by Ogilvy & Mather. Somewhere in the article I read it said this was the first tv spot for LV and that it was launched Feb.15th. I've never seen an LV commercial other than print. I think it was actually a really good ad. I like the message about a person's journey. But the whole time I was expecting to see at least one suitcase. I don't understand any other reason why LV would fit into a journey. Some people that they showed in would never purchase an LV item, such as the painter on the side of the rode or the smiling old Asian man. This commerical could advertise any product and its meaning wouldn't change, obviously except for the product. There are some instances where the ad became a bit fuzy, there are some scenes I couldn't really tie in with the message. Sometimes a certain frame was unrecognizable (is that a word?). I think the ad was really calming to watch, it was in a way motivational. I liked the ad, loved the whole thing about a journey, liked the tone, its peace and flow.

No comments: