Sunday, February 24, 2008

Y > ST



I don't think anyone in Dallas has ever heard of Young Street. Its a show hosted by Angelique Tege and Henry Guerrero. This show is targeted to people 18 to maybe late 30's. Angelique and Henry go around Dallas trying new restaurants, clubs, bars, boutiques, music events, and other entertainment destinations. Overall I think the show has a really cool concept. They even have a blog on wfaa.com. I see so much potential in this show, but to be honest, I don't see it lasting very long. It has good content but I feel like in needs to be presented with more energy. The host are not bad but they seem to present as reporters and I don't think thats the way it should be. I think the show is a great idea but it needs more umph. It needs to be pumped with energy like I mentioned before. If I was the producer or director I would choose different hosts. I would use a a different layout for their logo. The one above is their current. I like the Y>ST but not the designs they used. Young Street airs on Sundays at 5:00. I think it only last 30 minutes. And last but not least, I want to mention they totally are missing the advertising concept. Perhaps they have never heard of it. I am an avid wfaa watcher, for news and other shows. The only reason I know about Young Street is because I check out their website constantly. I hope that this show can evolve and capture its target market, otherwise its not going to make it into the digital era of television.

No comments: