Sunday, February 3, 2008

Still modern in 2038?

okay, so this is the W hotel in Victory Park. It looks beautiful with its bright blue neons and modern luxury design. This hotel has the latest architecture and state of the art design that new and fresh to us, but what about in 30 years?

All the new contrstrution that I've seen around the Dallas area seems to have the same modern accents. Marble floors, stainless steel walls and doors, rectangle windows all different sizes. Just take a look down Knox or Victory Park. New buildings to me all looks like brothers and sisters. Nothing too original has caught my eye. I'm not bashing on the architecture, in fact I think its really cool. But have you ever stop to wonder what you'll think about these buildings in 20-30 years. My question is how long does something modern look modern to your eye? 1 year? 5 years? I dunno, I guess I'll just have to find out...in 30 years.

No comments: